- 1 What is physical and social health?
- 2 What is the difference between mental health and physical health?
- 3 What is mental and social health?
- 4 What is physical mental and emotional and social health called?
- 5 What are some physical health problems?
- 6 What are examples of physical health?
- 7 What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
- 8 What is a good physical health?
- 9 What is poor mental health?
- 10 What is the most difficult mental illness to treat?
- 11 What is a good example of social health?
- 12 What are the 4 types of mental illness?
- 13 What are the 5 areas of wellbeing?
- 14 What are the 7 aspects of life?
- 15 What are the 7 components of health and wellness?
The World Health Organization (WHO, 1946), defines health as a “ State of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” In my own terms it is we are able to live a satisfying and fruitful life with little impairment.
What is the difference between mental health and physical health?
The main difference between physical and mental health is that our emotions, our ability to work and our relationships are the main things to be influenced by our mental health. When our mental health is positive we can cope with ups and downs. If your physical health is poor your mental health is likely to be low.
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices.
Many people think about ” wellness ” in terms of physical health only. Wellness, however, is much more than physical health. Wellness is a full integration of physical, mental and spiritual well-being. It is a complex interaction that leads to quality of life. Wellness is commonly viewed as having seven dimensions.
What are some physical health problems?
A wide range of physical health problems share these symptoms, including:
- Underactive thyroid.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Vitamin D deficiency.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Certain cancers.
- Sleep apnea.
What are examples of physical health?
Physical wellness involves making good choices when it comes to:
- Flu and Colds Prevention.
- Illness Prevention.
- Physical Activity and Body Movement.
- Sexual Health.
What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
The five main warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping pattern.
What is a good physical health?
A person who has good physical health is likely to have bodily functions and processes working at their peak. This is not only due not only to an absence of disease. Regular exercise, balanced nutrition, and adequate rest all contribute to good health. 4
What is poor mental health?
Simply put, this is when our mental health is not what we would want it to be. Finding it difficult to manage how we think, feel, act with respect to daily stresses could be a sign of poor mental health. Having continuous episodes of mental ill health could indicate a problem.
What is the most difficult mental illness to treat?
Why Borderline Personality Disorder is Considered the Most “Difficult” to Treat. Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined by the National Institute of Health (NIH) as a serious mental disorder marked by a pattern of ongoing instability in moods, behavior, self-image, and functioning.
An example of social health is the amount of interaction a person has with their community. An example of social health for a society is laws and regulations being applied to all citizens equally. An example of social health is public access to the decision-making processes.
What are the 4 types of mental illness?
Types of mental illness
- mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
- anxiety disorders.
- personality disorders.
- psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
- eating disorders.
- trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
- substance abuse disorders.
What are the 5 areas of wellbeing?
There are five main aspects of personal health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual. In order to be considered “well,” it is imperative for none of these areas to be neglected.
What are the 7 aspects of life?
The Seven Dimensions include Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional and Spiritual health. As a visitor to the Center, you’ll find many opportunities to enrich your daily life and work towards a balance of your own Seven Dimensions of Wellbeing.
What are the 7 components of health and wellness?
The 7 dimensions of wellness are: social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual, and physical wellbeing.
- Wellness isn’t just about physical and mental wellbeing.
- These are: social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual, and physical wellbeing.