- 1 Is being a clinical social worker worth it?
- 2 What is the highest paying field in social work?
- 3 Is the LCSW exam hard?
- 4 How much does a masters in social work pay?
- 5 How hard is masters in social work?
- 6 Can social workers make 6 figures?
- 7 Can social workers make 100k?
- 8 Which country is best for social workers?
- 9 What jobs fall under social work?
- 10 What jobs can a masters in social work get you?
- 11 What careers are similar to social work?
In California, this license is the LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker). And the answer is a resounding “ yes ”. There is no question in my mind that pursuing both my LCSW and MSW were worth the time, effort, and money. Your license will eventually allow you to supervise, if you are interested.
So what are the Highest-Paying Jobs in Social Work?
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager – Median Salary: $80,200.
- Social Policy Analyst – Median Salary: $74,700.
- Medical Social Worker – Median Salary: $65,300.
- Child and Family Therapist – Median Salary: $63,000.
Is the LCSW exam hard?
If you are advancing your career as a social worker, you know that this field is challenging and demanding. The LCSW exam is designed to ensure that you are ready to meet those demands before you are granted a license. It’s not impossible to pass the LCSW exam, but it is difficult to do well if you do not prepare.
Most medical social workers should have an MSW. The mean annual salary for healthcare social workers is $60,470.
Making it through an MSW program can be equally challenging. Many students report they underestimated the academic workload, stress, and personal impacts of their work before starting their MSWs. Others find that they have very little down time; every hour is consumed with study or working in the field assignment.
Social workers have the potential to make nearly six figures in some segments of the career field. But they also have the potential for building up six figures of student loan debt. Here’s a closer look at current social worker salaries, including breakdowns based on location and education level.
Overall, the majority of social work academics are not making over 100k. You have to be extraordinary and work your ass off nonstop. You usually also have to have been in academia for awhile and you are most definitely tenured or even a full professor.
If you want to show up for others and pursue a Master’s degree in Social Work, one of the best places to do it is the United Kingdom. Universities and colleges in the UK have some of the most well-developed Social Work degree studies and social workers are in high demand on the British job market.
Social workers are employed in a range of government, non-government and community agencies such as hospitals, community health centres, early intervention and child protection programs, family support services, schools, employment services, mental health services, justice, housing, disability and aged care services.
What are some of the specific jobs I can pursue after graduating with my master’s degree in social work?
- Mental health/clinical social worker/therapist.
- Medical, healthcare, or hospice social worker.
- Substance abuse/addictions counselor.
- Prison/criminal justice social worker.
- Gerontological social worker.
Careers Related to Social Workers[About this section] [To Top]
- Health Educators and Community Health Workers.
- Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists.
- Rehabilitation Counselors.
- School and Career Counselors.
- Social and Community Service Managers.