- 1 What factors that can affect our physical health and mental health?
- 2 What are the factors affecting physical health?
- 3 What are the factors that affect mental health?
- 4 What are physical and mental factors?
- 5 What are 3 factors that contribute to positive mental health?
- 6 Is mental health just as important as physical health?
- 7 What are examples of physical factors?
- 8 What are the 5 environmental factors?
- 9 What are physical health conditions?
- 10 What are the six factors of mental health?
- 11 What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
- 12 What are the 4 physical factors?
- 13 What are the 4 key characteristics of mental factors?
- 14 What are physical subfactors?
What factors that can affect our physical health and mental health?
Furthermore, behavioural factors such as smoking, harmful alcohol and other drug use, obesity, poor diet, inadequate living situations (such as homelessness), and poor self-care as a consequence of illness symptoms, can make people with mental illness vulnerable to physical health problems.
What are the factors affecting physical health?
The determinants of health are manifold: socioeconomic, educational, genetic, psychological, and environmental. This study examined the effects of parental socioeconomic status, childhood intelligence, two personality traits, education, occupation and current health on four facets of physical health.
What are the factors that affect mental health?
What causes them?
- childhood abuse, trauma, or neglect.
- social isolation or loneliness.
- experiencing discrimination and stigma.
- social disadvantage, poverty or debt.
- bereavement (losing someone close to you)
- severe or long-term stress.
- having a long-term physical health condition.
- unemployment or losing your job.
What are physical and mental factors?
Mental Factors: The way your mind affects how you perform. Physical Factors: The way your fitness, skill level and tactical ability affect how you perform.
What are 3 factors that contribute to positive mental health?
These aspects are:
Is mental health just as important as physical health?
Mental and physical health are equally important components of overall health. For example, depression increases the risk for many types of physical health problems, particularly long-lasting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
What are examples of physical factors?
Critical physical attributes include temperature, light, and hydrology (such as rainfall, soil moisture, flow rates, and sea level), as well as infrequent events that reshape ecological systems, such as fires, floods, and storms.
What are the 5 environmental factors?
Environmental factors include temperature, food, pollutants, population density, sound, light, and parasites.
What are physical health conditions?
A Long Term Physical Health Condition (also known as a Chronic Condition) is: A health problem that requires ongoing management over a period of years or decades. One that cannot currently be cured but can be controlled with the use of medication and/or other therapies.
What are the six factors of mental health?
The Ryff Scale is based on six factors: autonomy, environmental mastery, personal growth, positive relations with others, purpose in life, and self-acceptance. Higher total scores indicate higher psychological well-being.
What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
The five main warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping pattern.
What are the 4 physical factors?
In the Physical Education Courses, there are four factors which may impact on the performance of physical activities. The four identified factors are: mental, emotional, social, and physical.
What are the 4 key characteristics of mental factors?
The four factors
What are physical subfactors?
The Physical factor can be divided into three different sections: fitness, skills and tactics. Each of these sub-factors relate to different components of fitness and some can interact with other factors.