- 1 How can you recognize good physical health?
- 2 What do you understand about physical mental and social health?
- 3 How do physical mental and social health relate to each other?
- 4 How does physical health affect social health?
- 5 What are the 7 areas of wellness?
- 6 What is the difference between physical mental emotional and social health?
- 7 How do I get better mentally?
- 8 What is the difference between physical and mental health?
- 9 How does social health affect mental health?
- 10 Is mental health more important than physical health?
- 11 What is mental emotional and social health?
- 12 What are some examples of bad social health?
- 13 What are examples of physical health?
How can you recognize good physical health?
Good physical health can be recognized by a healthy diet and regular exercise. Mental health is being comfortable with yourself and your surroundings. Emotional health your feeling respond appropriately to events.
The World Health Organization (WHO, 1946), defines health as a “ State of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” In my own terms it is we are able to live a satisfying and fruitful life with little impairment.
The social determinants of health impact both chronic physical conditions and mental health. Key aspects of prevention include increasing physical activity, access to nutritious foods, ensuring adequate income and fostering social inclusion and social support.
Physical health problems significantly increase our risk of developing mental health problems, and vice versa. Nearly one in three people with a long-term physical health condition also has a mental health problem, most often depression or anxiety.
What are the 7 areas of wellness?
The Seven Dimensions of Wellness
Part of mental health is how well your mind processes and understands information and experiences. In contrast, emotional health involves your ability to manage and express the emotions that arise from what you have learned and experienced.
How do I get better mentally?
How to look after your mental health
- Talk about your feelings. Talking about your feelings can help you stay in good mental health and deal with times when you feel troubled.
- Keep active.
- Eat well.
- Drink sensibly.
- Keep in touch.
- Ask for help.
- Take a break.
- Do something you’re good at.
What is the difference between physical and mental health?
The main difference between physical and mental health is that our emotions, our ability to work and our relationships are the main things to be influenced by our mental health. When our mental health is positive we can cope with ups and downs. Our mood is stable and we feel optimistic.
The benefits of social connections and good mental health are numerous. Proven links include lower rates of anxiety and depression, higher self-esteem, greater empathy, and more trusting and cooperative relationships.
Is mental health more important than physical health?
Most of our brains automatically think physical health — exercising, healthy eating, drinking water, etc. And while physical health does play a large role in keeping our bodies in shape and functioning properly, our mental health is just as important to maintain to achieve a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Researchers have also linked the following health issues to poor social health:
- Suffering a heart attack.
- Chronic disease.
- Mobility issues.
- High blood pressure.
- Raised stress hormones leading to inflammation.
- Poor mental health.
- Anxiety & depression.
What are examples of physical health?
Physical wellness involves making good choices when it comes to:
- Flu and Colds Prevention.
- Illness Prevention.
- Physical Activity and Body Movement.
- Sexual Health.