- 1 Which social media is best for mental health?
- 2 How social media affects mental health pros and cons?
- 3 How do I get better mentally?
- 4 How can I raise my awareness for anxiety?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of mental health?
- 6 Why social media is bad for your mental health?
- 7 How social media affects mental health statistics?
- 8 What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
- 9 What foods improve mental health?
- 10 How can I quiet my mind?
- 11 Why is awareness needed for anxiety?
- 12 What ribbon is for depression?
- 13 What color ribbon is for anxiety?
The best place to start this movement is through social media.
- Twitter – Trending Topics. Twitter is an incredibly popular social media platform that teens use daily.
- Instagram – Helpful Hashtags.
- Snapchat – Power Platform.
- 10 Ways to Use These Apps to Positively Promote Mental Health.
Impacts of Social Media on Mental Health
- Pro – Increases communication and raising awareness.
- Con – Promotion of fake news.
- Pro – Can help combat feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Con – Can also increase feelings of loneliness.
- Pro – Normalises help seeking behaviour.
- Con – Can promote anti-social behaviour.
How do I get better mentally?
How to look after your mental health
- Talk about your feelings. Talking about your feelings can help you stay in good mental health and deal with times when you feel troubled.
- Keep active.
- Eat well.
- Drink sensibly.
- Keep in touch.
- Ask for help.
- Take a break.
- Do something you’re good at.
How can I raise my awareness for anxiety?
Here are some simple steps you can take to help raise the collective consciousness about mental health where you live:
- Talk with everyone you know.
- Open up about your experience.
- Encourage kind language.
- Educate yourself about mental illness.
- Coordinate a mental health screening event.
- Leverage social media.
What are the disadvantages of mental health?
- Unhappiness and decreased enjoyment of life.
- Family conflicts.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Social isolation.
- Problems with tobacco, alcohol and other drugs.
- Missed work or school, or other problems related to work or school.
- Legal and financial problems.
- Poverty and homelessness.
When people look online and see they’re excluded from an activity, it can affect thoughts and feelings, and can affect them physically. A 2018 British study tied social media use to decreased, disrupted, and delayed sleep, which is associated with depression, memory loss, and poor academic performance.
Spending more than 3 hours on social media per day puts adolescents at a higher risk for mental health problems. 13% of kids ages 12-17 report depression and 32% report anxiety. 25% of 18 to 25-year-olds report mental illness. These age groups report high usage of social media.
What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
The five main warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping pattern.
What foods improve mental health?
To boost your mental health, focus on eating plenty of fruits and vegetables along with foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon. Dark green leafy vegetables in particular are brain protective. Nuts, seeds and legumes, such as beans and lentils, are also excellent brain foods.
How can I quiet my mind?
10 Ways to Quiet Your Mind
- Exercise. Obviously there are physical benefits to exercise, but it can also do wonders for your mind.
- Write a List.
- Make or Create Something.
- Declutter Your Space.
- Share What’s on Your Mind.
- Read a Fiction Book.
- Make an Action Plan.
Why is awareness needed for anxiety?
Anxiety awareness is key to both the individual suffering from the disorder as well as to their loved ones and the surrounding community in order to establish a manageable solution. Antisocial behaviors to the point of isolation indicate an immediate need for treatment.
What ribbon is for depression?
For millions of people, a green ribbon represents another devastating illness — depression. October is also Depression Awareness Month.
What color ribbon is for anxiety?
The green ribbon is the international symbol for mental health awareness.